MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Potty Training Experiment

So now that I am home with MJ, I figured its time to start trying to potty train my first born. Lately I have become REALLY tired of changing MJ's diapers. I know, I know, that is my job as a mom but sue me, his poop smells like a grown man's and I just can't take it anymore! Not to mention, thinking about two babies in diapers makes me nauseous! So I have been trying to think of ways to get MJ on the Potty Training bus before little girl Reyes makes her way into the world. This week I had the bright idea to put him in regular underwear, let him piss and sh*t on himself until he couldn't take it anymore. BUT what I didn't realize is that my determination would run out before his! He will piss on himself and THEN come tell me, "mommy I got to pee-pee in the potty! I have cleaned up so many urine stains that my back hurts from bending over! BUT all is not lost, he did hold his pee one time until we made it to the potty! Looks like I have a long road ahead of me.....(pray for me!)
He likes company when he is on the potty so I moved it into our bathroom. His potty even sings and has a flush!
MJ's reaction when I first told him he would have to wear "BIG BOY" underwear and use the potty! Let's just say, he wasn't too excited!
BUT THEN he realized Elmo was on the underwear that his Abuela got for him and he was suddenly excited and ready to show off his "Big Boy" underwear!
Good thing Abuela got two packs because he is going through these things like crazy!!
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Tell MJ that Elmo does not like to get wet and that as Elmo's friend his must get to the potty. Although I have not had the full experience of potty training, my mom swears by doing it without pull ups. Lots of praise when he does it right, and he will get there. Sending my love.

    ReplyDelete