MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

LalalaLalala Elmo's World..but MJ's Party!



As most of you know, on Sat. July 11, we had MJ's 2nd birthday party and baby shower in Pelham Bay Park in the Bronx. Everyone always asks us if we live in MD, why do we continue to do so much in NY. Simply put, most of our family is in NY and for those outside of NY, its easier and more convenient to get to NY than MD and we just want our baby to have a good time with all his cousins that he rarely gets to see. Anyhoo, MJ really wanted a Special Agent Oso party. I promise you he requested Oso but since that is such a new character, I couldn't make it happen. As a back up, I decided to go with Elmo. So the date was set, we worried about the weather but the weather held off and the party was set to start at 2! But at 2, there was no MJ (I had left him with my parents so that I could go early and set up. I firmly instructed them, "Please make sure MJ is on time to his party! Please!" But clearly someone ignored my instructions. So we waited... The clown arrived to do face painting and magic shows BUT there were no kids and no MJ. Kayla and Mathew were the only kids there so they go a special treat...a private show!
And we waited and waited and waited, then it was time for the Elmo to arrive BUT MJ still was not there so we said, Elmo can you please wait....and we waited and waited and we waited. Finally more kids arrived so the clown entertained. Ciara got her face painted with a crown...


My homeboy Marcus from UNC and I pose. Uhm yeah, Marcus you have NO belly!

Then I got practice for taking pics with 2 kids...doesn't look like I did my job well enough, Ciara doesn't look too happy! Mind you this beautiful Chelsea is the reason I am carrying a little girl. The first time Anthony held her, he looked at me and said, "Sharese I want one of these" I immediately took her from him and placed her back in her father's hands but the request had already been made and God answers when you call so...12 months later, here we are...

And we waited some more. Now at this time, MJ was 1 1/2 hrs late for his party and the clown/Elmo was scheduled to leave. Thankfully she agreed to stay until the birthday boy arrived. The baby shower was supposed to have started but we hadn't even kicked off the birthday party. SO I'm pissed!!! Finally after almost 2 hours of traffic (and not following directions to just stay on the Clearview Expy!) the parents FINALLY arrived with my boy. Titi Shonda knew I was anxious so she walked down to the car to get him and bring him back. When he saw everyone clapping and yelling for him, he immediately got excited. He ran toward me with the biggest grin...
"Mommy is this for me???" he asked and immediately all the stress from waiting disappeared. It was worth it to see that priceless expression on my baby's face!

"Thank you Mommy!" He said! He can be so sweet and appreciative at times. Then he turned around and saw his daddy and was overjoyed (Anthony had been out of town for a week in SC for work and MJ was missing his terribly).

Father and son kiss and embrace!

Now it was time to have fun! Titi Shonda escorted Elmo into the party (she had to go rescue Elmo from the bathroom. When Elmo came out of the bathroom a crowd formed around her and she couldn't escape. I looked over and said, I think our Elmo is being held up!)
MJ gives Elmo a high five!

We sang Happy Birthday! At this point MJ knows the song and sings it to himself. Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me......

Now peep this...We ask to sit on the blanket so we can take pics. Notice Mathew below in front with his balloon sword. Well he comes around to the back and starts beating Elmo with the sword (while JJ-MJ's cousin and Godbrother is heading butting Elmo in the groin)

Then notice below, Mathew must have looked "Elmo's" neck exposed and said, "Elmo has a white neck, Elmo isn't supposed to have a white neck!" (mind you this kid is 2 going on 3 how does he know that Elmo isnt supposed to have a "white" neck!). SO then it was mutiny. All the kids started yelling at Elmo, "Say something Elmo!" "You sound like a girl" "Do something Elmo" " Are you really Elmo". I had to save Elmo so I go Elmo out of there!

Next up, the sac races! In the first heat, we have the kids. Quanjay takes an early lead followed by Ciara..

When Ciara got behind after the turn, she received a little "assistance" from her Titi Leslie!
In the next heat, the adults (I still cannot believe Macho got these grown a$$ men to do this but that is why I "hire" (in quotes because I never pay!) him for all occasions, birthday parties, baby showers, etc!

We have Grover, My brother Samuel, Rob, Jason and Kareem (my brother in law on the end) FYI, there is footage that I am trying to get a hold of because what you cannot see from the pics is that Grover takes an early lead, in a desperate move to catch up Samuel makes a daring leap only to tumble down to the ground, roll a few times BUT miraculously his old butt got right back up! (mind you he tumbled again but...)

(before the race started Samuel took time to blow kisses to his wife and daughters--they are kissey like that...kinda disgusting but hey, whatever floats your boat!


Kareem was really trying to make a comeback but it just didn't happen, even his wife (my sister Shonda) had to look away in agony! LOL! Still cannot believe these old men had a sac race. Of course, Anthony was upset that he missed it while on a beer run! So he tried to get everyone motivated for a re-match. Those old men were too tired. Maybe next time Ant!
Some of my favorite people, My MIL-Mother In Law, Titi Evelyn, My sister's MIL Mrs. Maddison, Titi Leslie and Titi Taki. Great pic ladies!

Titi Millie with Ciara and MJ in the Bee tent!

Ciara, Jas and MJ in the tent having a good ole time!

The Pryor family. My brother, his wife and two daughters (finally here from the Dominican Republic!)

My mommy in heaven surrounded by most of her grandkids!
Now its time for the Pinata. I didn't have a tree to hang it from so we grabbed Macho (he's like a tree, right?!)


MJ attempts to pull the strings... (notice all the adults on the sidelines waiting to get candy!!!)
No luck, so Nino Macho punches Elmo in the back of the neck and makes it rain candy!!!


We had a GREAT time!

Finally MJ and his real twin take a flick for the memory books!

No comments:

Post a Comment