MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic

We made it back home safe and returned everyone in one piece! Anthony, Ciara, MJ and I just returned from our first family vacation! What an adventure. We first traveled all the way to Puerto Plata, Republica Dominicana then we headed to Puerto Rico to visit Anthony's grandma. There are plenty of stories and highlights but let me summarize by saying:

(1) traveling with two young children is an ADVENTURE! My hat goes off to parents with multiple kids. It was stressful, tiring and honestly I think I need a vacation from my vacation! :-) We had a great time though and I am already looking forward to next year's vacation.

(2) FINALLY, here are some pictures of Samaya Michelle (yes, she has my middle name). We (my mom, me, mario, ciara, mj, shonda, kareem and leslie) went to the Dominican Republic to finally meet my brother's wife Maria and their two children, Melanie Arlene (who is 2 years old) and Samaya Michelle (who is 2 months). What a beautiful family. I love those little girls. I learned so much Spanish just being there for one week. I am convinced that if I stayed for longer I would be fluent. At first, I was certain Arlene would think my name Titi Beso because that was all I kept saying to her "Mama, Beso. Grande Beso!" Oh yeah, can I just say that now that I know a little Spanish EVERYONE was convinced that I was Dominican. Ay Dios mio! We stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorado and then went on a little tour of Puerto Plata. Anthony, Leslie and I went back to our roots, swinging from trees! :-) LOL! No seriously, we ziplined through the forests in DR. Anthony & I went scuba diving and had a ball. Mommy hung out with her grand kids a lot and Ciara enjoyed off Broadway shoes every night (even the "Las Vegas" show where the women paraded around A$$ out! I was sure she would come back home and tell her grandma that we took her to a strip show but I think we have prepared her NOT to report back about that show!

(3) On Thursday we headed to San Juan and let me just say my son forgot he was half black in Puerto Rico. He rolled around PR in just a diaper; ate SPAM; had an in depth conversation with the neighbor's rooster, and much more! Video footage soon coming.

Here are some pictures, enjoy. I will post more soon enough (after I get a pedicure and a nap!)
Shonda & Ciara at the Iberostar

Shonda& Ciara before we boarded our boat to Sousa, DR for a day trip. Mario & I went scuba diving and Kareem snorkeled. SHonda & Leslie decided to just chill out on the boat. MJ & Mommy decided the boat was not for them and headed back to dry land to rest and relax.
Shonda & MJ on Day 2.
Mommy & her granddaughter Samaya on Day 2.
Perry, Maria, MJ & Samaya

MJ chillin on the pool table in DR.
MJ & his Nana spent a lot of quality time together this trip. This is my favorite picture from the trip. Anyone who knows Virginia knows she NEVER takes pictures so this was a rare snapshot.
FINALLY, a picture of Samaya, Isn't she very beautiful!

Anthony holding the imitation Louis also known as Dylon (sp?)! This little boy looks and acts just like Anthony's little cousin, Macho's son Louis.
Mario & I right before we went scuba diving. That equipment was HEAVY!!!
Me and MJ at Perry's house in DR.
MJ chillin with Maria's mom.
MJ & his daddy. Those two are infamous. What a flirt that MJ is.
This is what you call a Dominican dominoes table (knees connected!) HA!

Ciara, Me, Arlene, SHonda, Mommy, Perry & Dylon
In true Mario Anthony fashion, here is his trip friend. This guy is from Brussels is Muslim and speaks a little Spanish and a little English. He and Mario were trip best friends. They played pool, water polo and had in depth conversations (kinda like MJ & the rooster!) :-)
Mario getting ready to jump in!
Shonda, Ciara and MJ chillin in the pool
Doesn't he look comfy!

Cici hanging from the monkey bars
Shonda, Me, Ciara and Arlene.
Everyday was a fight to get Ciara to eat her food (even though we traveled with her favorite Oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment