MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Amaya's Birth Day


Wednesday August 19 at 9;43 am my precious baby girl was born, however, this adventure started almost 20 hours before that joyous moment. As many of you know, during those last few days of pregnancy I was starting to get anxious that this little girl would never come! BecauseMJ was 2 weeks early and such a smooth delivery, I expected this delivery to be the same. However, no two deliveries are alike! When that 38th week passed and no baby, I started plotting. I began drinking red raspberry tea, sitting on the birth ball, etc. NO luck! By week 39 I was getting frustrated and a little depressed. IT WAS HOT outside and I just wanted some relief from the back pain, sleepless nights and swollen feet! I started snapping at MJ and becoming cranky so my in-laws came to the rescue! Now that the house was ready, I was determined to get things cracking.

On the morning of Tuesday the 18th, my father-in-law and I went for a walk. Within minutes contractions started coming pretty regularly--every 5-6 minutes. We walked and talked and before I knew it, 45 minutes later the contractions were getting longer and stronger. So I called Anthony at work and said, "hey you may want to make your way home!" Next I called the mid-wife who advised that I come in to the hospital to be checked because of my history of fast labor she recommended that we not take any chances. BUT by the time Anthony got home, I felt like the contractions had subsided. Nevertheless, I decided to go in. Mind you thinking the entire time, this is going to be a waste of time they are going to send me home!! But at 39weeks, 5 days I was ready to break down and get induced!

So we arrived at the hospital around 3:30 pm and were placed in a packed waiting room full of ghetto broads (who knew I was delivering in the hood hospital!!). After about 2 hours (mind you I kept walking the halls of the hospital) I was taken into a room. When I was checked I was only 2cms dilated!! I wanted to cry. Nevertheless, the midwife said hang out and I'll be back. Again I was convinced they were going to send me home. Well my midwife must have sensed mydesperation because she kinda told a little white lie to get me admitted. For several hours my labor continued but the contractions didn't kick me into active labor. I was really ready to just go home. But again, the midwife said you could go into active labor at any minute. I think you should stay and we can always "augment" your labor if need be.

Around 12 that night, I decided to go for the cervidil to ripen my cervix. Well it worked immediately, and I went into labor having contractions every 3 minutes or so. While Anthony got some good rest, I laid in that bed and endured each pressure wave! At 2:30, my mid-wife checked me and I was 4 cms. Within a few minutes my water broke! I whispered to Anthony, "I think I just pissed myself OR my water broke!" They checked, my water had broken. So that's when the "pressure waves" kicked into high gear! By 6am, I was ready to get in the jacuzzi tub. It was getting serious! I think I handled the pressure waves like a champ but when 8cm hit, I felt the urge to walk and got out of the tub. I got on the birthing ball (almost falling to the floor, good thing Anthony was there and could hold me up) and that's when it all fell apart. I told Anthony and the mid-wife that I couldn't do it anymore. I BEGGED for something, other than an epidural and was told it was too late!!! I endured a rough 30 minutes (felt like 3 hours) then felt the intense urge to push. I wanted to get back in the jacuzzi tub for a water birth but just couldn't focus on anything except pushing. I tried pushing in one position then quickly changed to a new position. Anthony told me to use him and that I did! With Anthony in a headlock, I pushed as hard as I could. After he told me I wasn't pushing hard enough and that he didn't think I was this weak, I kissed him (don't ask me why that was my reaction!) and pushed as hard as I could. 13 minutes later, Amaya Tiana Reyes was looking up at me and I was looking down at her. I didn't think it was possible to love anyone as much as I love MJ but it was (is). God couldn't have blessed me more than to give me the honor of birthing such a beautiful little girl! I am completely and utterly in love!

















2 comments:

  1. Well,
    I was almost right that she would come on my birthday. Truth is I was almost a 19th baby and was born at like 11:50 pm on the 18th. As a leo, I know baby girl will rule the world. :-) So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only took THIRTEEN minutes after Mario punked you to push that baby girl out. LOVE IT! Congrats Sharese and Mario!!!!

    ReplyDelete