

By the way, I don't think I've talked about our great pediatrician yet. Dr. Cheryl Edmonds-LOVE HER! She is such a beautiful person, down to earth and very natural (she plays Salsa & Reggae music in the office, babies love it!). Well, as of yesterday's doctor's appointment, MJ now weighs a whopping 9lbs, 4.2 oz and is 22.5 inches long! The doctor was so surprised that he had gained so much weight on breast milk alone, she thought for sure that I was supplementing with formula. But then again, he eats every 30 minutes or whenever the winds blows!
The baby also got another shot yesterday. I think it hurt me more than it hurt him. I decided to cover his eyes so he wouldn't see it coming (mind you babies have very limited sight so of course he wouldn't have seen it coming) but that did not help. He cried his little eyes out for about a good 3 minutes. Look at the band aid they put on his boo-boo (and he also has one on his foot where they pricked him to take blood!). Nevertheless, he slept like a grown man last night (check out the pic).
He is soo beautiful! I can't wait to hold him! Immunization time was always (and still is till this day) very difficult for me, but when they were babies I would let them latch on just before they were to receive their shots and it always helped. If they didn't latch on before then immediately after it is an instant soother.
ReplyDeletePlease, blinding the baby from the needle. The first time I "cussed" in front of Mom was when the nurse at the hospital pulled out a needle. I forgot Mom was there. I could never be a nurse, can't take a needle. MJ, I'm with you.
ReplyDeletePlease, blinding the baby from the needle. The first time I "cussed" in front of Mom was when the nurse at the hospital pulled out a needle. I forgot Mom was there. I could never be a nurse, can't take a needle. MJ, I'm with you.
ReplyDelete