MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Our weekend!

This weekend the Reyes family achieved milestones and then relaxed! MJ's mommy (yes, that would be me) ran in her first AIDS WALK 5K! And to top it off, I shaved off almost 9 minutes from my best time - but I may have sold my soul in the process! When I went to pick up my race bib (you know, that little piece of paper with your number on it) the lady takes my ID then yelled out, "Pass me 666." I said, "hold up I am not running with 666 on my chest. 666 is the sign/mark of the devil! Can we PLEASE get me a new number." The lady, said, "I'm sorry that's your number." Then she asked me if I needed to leave any personal items at the finish line. I replied, "Well obviously my SOUL if I am running with this number!'" In my mind, I was like how ironic that the women born on Friday the 13th would run with the number 666. But then I told the DEVIL that he is a liar and I put my 666 on and ran my best time. So I was really proud of myself for supporting such a good cause at the same time as pushing myself to achieve a healthly goal. On to a 10K at the end of the month!
My race bib!
Me, after the race was done and I headed home to my boys.

(me, headed to the race, getting my mind right listening to some 50 Cent & Wheezy - hey if it works for Michael Phelps than it could work for me!)

BEFORE/AFTER
After the race, I HAD to go get this new do done up! With shorter hair that you can't put into a ponytail, its a MUST that you keep that looking fresh. The 5K (and training for it) whiped out my stylish little do. Its grown back a lot already in 5 weeks!






After the race, when I came home my little boo-boo came upstairs and when he saw mommy doing the dishes, he decided to help out and sweep! Isn't that too cute!


1 comment:

  1. The hair is BANGIN' and you are funny at how you have MASTERED taking a picture of yourself with your cellphone while driving! Incredible! LMAO!

    Congrat's on the race! I race every morning before work. I race from the bed to the bathroom because I drink too much water before I go to bed at night. LOL.

    ReplyDelete