Well, for updates...
1. I am happy to announce that she has overcome jaundice, thank God!
2. As of last week, she is 9.4lbs and 21 inches long!! She is a big girl (watch out for the big girlz!!). On that same note, the doctor told me that Amaya is likely using me as a pacifier and eating a little too much in the process, she is now in the 90th percentile for weight! So she suggested that I get her a bobo.
3. Pacifier - Mind you, I am always basing everything off of how things went with MJ so I just knew that she wouldn't need nor want a pacifier BUT I have learned that every pregnancy/birth/baby is different. So I broke down and got Amaya a pacifier. She seems to like it (when I say "it" I do mean them--I purchased 4 different types of pacifiers to find one that she would like best).
4. Amaya sat through her first NY Giants football game in her cheerleader outfit. In fact everyone in this house except me was in Giants gear! They won, GO GIANTS!
5. Baby girl smiles! Since about 1 week she would do that smile/I'm gassy look but lately she smiles when you are making faces at her or talking silly. She also frowns and gives the gas face..you know the raised eyebrows like, "is s/he serious??"
Here are some pics from the first month!
MJ, Amaya and Daddy in their Giants gear on Sunday! GO Giants!
Her half smile!
Watching your family grow makes me smile, Reece!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised the doc thought she was eating too much. Her weight seems right on track ( I'm basing that on the fact the Jaylyn was 10 or 11pounds by her 1 month check up and was told that was fine). Little girls do make you feel like playing dress up like they are little dolls. For the your baby can read. I was going to get that too, until I say the reviews. I think at this age if they can recognize objects and colors that's good and then the word relation will come.
ReplyDeleteGET your baby can read. Any and as much exposure to sight words, color words, numbers, letters etc. will help them once they begin school. In pre-k, k and 1st grade learning sight words is simply rote memorization. Actually sight words can only be learned that way, they cannot be decoded (sounded out) so the earlier you start the sooner you will have a little reader on your hands and more than likely a smarter student. GET IT or make your own flash cards!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, all you needed for the Addidas pic is me and Tio Aziz rocking our Addidas gear. Auntie (Titi Shonda)
God bless them both, M.J ,And Amaya she is growing so beautiful and M.J so handsome! parents are doing a great job Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete