So I have been interested in getting that DVD series that I have heard and read about called your baby can read...for my Real Housewives of Atlanta viewers, it was the program that Lisa Wu Hartwell used to teach 18 month old EJ to read from the flashcards. SO I did my research on the product and there are a lot of bad review mainly criticizing the program for teaching babies to memorize not read. Some even go as far as to hypothesize that structured learning this early (MJ's age for instance) can be detrimental in the long run. So I ask, is it better to teach a toddler to "read" by memorizing certain words or should you not force your kids to have such formalized educational instruction so early?? MJ is a really fast learners and loves to read books so I was definitely interested in getting him the series but now I am uncertain...thoughts?
Here are some pics of MJ playing his new video games..a leap frog product. It is recommended for ages 3-6 but he picked it up well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment