


Sunday that just past, MJ and I were displaced and homeless and Leslie came through and saved the day! There has been some bad weather around these parts lately and Sunday was the worst! The wind knocked down power lines everywhere and we were without power for over 12 hours! The wind first knocked the power out around 2pm but it was no biggie. I went upstairs to MJ's room and we played and talked for sometime. I folded clothes, he unfolded clothes. It was a good time had by all. Then daddy yo came over (afterwaking from his nap) and we played together. Then as time passed and I realized the lights weren't coming back on, I had to make a quick decision ---do I stay in the house with my 7 1/2 month old son with no electricity and no husband (Big Mario had to work an overnight shift at work) knowing that there had been burgleries in the past few weeks....please, I was packing my Marc Jacobs overnight with a flashlight! There was no way I staying there alone.
Side note-so I went to take a nice hot bath when it was still light outside. Daddy Yo was still asleep so MJ wanted out of his crib and was looking for someone to play with. I brought him in the bathroom with me and placed a blanket and some toys on the floor. That appeased him for all of 3 minutes. When he realized I was taking a bath, he decided he wanted in. SO... of course I had to adjust the tempature of the water and then MJ started tugging at his clothes and hopped in my bath. SO much for privacy!
OK so back to the story, we were headed to a hotel when Leslie called and told us to head north to Germantown. She not only gave us refuge for the night but cooked a banging dinner (even MJ ate the rice with some gravy on it!). THANKS LESLIE!!!!
Sharese, why didn't you tell me my hair was looking crazy! I guess being in your own home, you just don't care! LOL. But doesn't MJ and I look cool watching the Grammy's? He also didn't care for Tina Turner wearing a tinfoil outfit with her high beams on! Sharese and I thought we heard him say "who does that?" LOL. I was glad to be there for my family and I enjoyed the company! Funny thing, I jumped up in the middle of the night thinking I heard baby noises not realizing Sharese had to walk MJ to sleep! LOL. Just glad I wasn't loosing my mind!
ReplyDeleteConsuela
That's our Leslie, ha ha ha YES U LOOOOK LIKE A HOT MESS...I CAN'T LET U GET AWAY W/IT...BUT I STILLLLL LUV HER...THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF MY BABIES...YES RERE IS OUR BABY TOOOO...SMILE
ReplyDelete