MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Amaya's 1st Birthday is a coming (and I am steadily overplanning this party!)!

Amaya will be turning 1 on August 19, 2010 and to celebrate the special occassion we are asking all Princesses and Princes to join us at My Gym tumbling center in Columbia, Maryland for a special celebration.

Ok, so with all the formality out of the way, you know I am pulling my hair out! I have been thinking about Amaya's first birthday since I had her! Of course for my Princess, I knew it had to be special and fun and all that stuff. I wanted the bells and whistles. SO I considered a pool party, a house party, a bouncer, all that stuff. But ultimately decided that I didn't want the hassle of cooking and cleaning so we decided to go with My Gym. Amaya loves to tumble and flip so I know she will have a good time and when she looks back on the pictures when she is much older, I am sure she will appreciate that mommy put a lot of thought into her special day!

BUT I just can't seem to stop all the overplanning. On my list:

1. the birthday girl's outfit. First I start to go with the Princess Tiana costume but it doesnt come in Toddler sizes so I considered getting the 3T and having someone resize it for her. Then I considered a Princess Tiana "inspired" outfit complete with a crown. Then I considered both and doing a costume change! Why o Why does my mind run wild.

2. Favors/Takeaways--I am putting together a goodie bag filled with surprises but when I considered ordering labels for water bottles, popcorn, and candy I realized I was going too far. (Sharese, think cheap candy and bubbles--that's what the kids want)!

3. Outfits for the rest of the family--I won't lie I asked Mario to dress up like the Frog and I planned to dress MJ up like Prince Naveen. When I realized that costume would cost me an additional $90, I slowed my roll! Maybe instead, we will wear personalized t-shirts with our favorite picture of Amaya. (Sharese maybe that is a bit too much as well - BUT we did do it for MJ's party!!!)

OK, at least my invitations are done but you KNOW I considered personalized photo stamps! Please someone save me and tell me that Amaya won't even remember this party!! If I go all out for this birthday, what am I going to do for her 5th and 10th and 16th---OMG, I have to start thinking about her Sweet 16! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle your children are beautiful and their mom loves them soooo much!!!! i cant wait to meet them. Your baby girl looks like you and your Shinda to me...
    i almost stopped tring to get this link and put it in my archives because it kept telling me i was outside of the US so I couldnt access it but I finally kep trying little trouble shooting things and it worked! I'm glad too because you have some great pics on here! God Bless

    ReplyDelete