MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Friday, December 7, 2007

The baby's sick

Well, I am happy to report that we have all braved our first "emergency" visit to the doctor's office today very well. MJ has had a slight cough and a runny nose the past couple of weeks. We treated him and closely watched him. When I noticed that his appetite was affected and that his cough started sounding more flemmy, I decided to keep him from daycare and to call the doctor this morning. Thank God I listened to that inner mommy voice. As it turns out, MJ has an upper respiratory infection. I called my friend Kellie to find out the symptoms her son experienced when he battled pneumonia a few months back. She assured me that my call to the doctor was warranted. So little boo boo is on an antibiotic and has to have a breathing treatment because he was wheezing. He is taking it like a trooper, mommy almost broke down though. Dr. Koomson assured me though that if we would have waited to call that it could have turned in to pneumonia so new mommies out there, TRUST YOUR GUT!!!!!

On another note, I want to tell you all how my HUSBAND is such a good father. This morning when we first heard his cough, I said, he cannot go to daycare. Mario immediately said that he would stay home with his first born. And when the nurse said that he needed to be seen today, we went as a family, as we have gone to all of his appointments. I want to applaud Mario because I don't know too many fathers that are THAT involved in their children's life. Sad but true. Anyhoo, MJ is doing ok and I will keep up all updated! Love and kisses!

2 comments:

  1. Leslie (aka Consuela)December 7, 2007 at 6:39 PM

    OH! My little buddy is not feeling good? I'm a bad Consuela because I haven't seen my buddy in a few weeks and I live so close now. I'm glad he's better, mommy instinct kicked in and daddy led the brigade to the ER! That's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always trust your gut Sharese. Let NO ONE....and I mean NO ONE tell you otherwise. If you and Anthony haven't gotten tested yourselves to see if you're carriers of the CF mutation, have MJ tested ASAP. Tell the doctor that he has a cousin with CF. It's a simple test that requires only sweat. Now, don't be worried, he just had a URI, but they are scary. Kudos to you both for keeping your heads on straight. Give us a call sometime. We miss ya'll.

    ReplyDelete