MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Amaya becomes a real little girl!

Yesterday Amaya Tiana experienced one of the first milestones in a little girl's life...she got her ears pierced! Now I know that not every parent/mother choses to pierce the ears of their daughter so young but my pediatrician warned that its best to do it after their 2 month appointment shots and before they are 4 months and can play with the ear - thus increasing the risk of infection. So yesterday Amaya, her godmother Crystal and I went to get her ears pierced. I think I was more nervous than baby girl (because of course she had no idea what was coming!) but overall she did well. Now she has beautiful butterfly earrings, enjoy! When we arrived and it was time to pick out the earrings. They had such a HUGE selection but I decided on the butterflies. As you can see she is wearing a skirt, her father FUSSED me out to make sure that she was wearing tights. Oh lord, I feel bad for this girl when she reaches 16 and wants to date!

She was looking like, "Did you just say your PIERCING my ears??? That sounds painful! I'm good, I like my ears the way they are!"

"Mommy what's going on???"

Me and my baby girl! We were matching. I try to match her all the time. Now I know how much fun Anthony had the last 2 years when I got them matching outfits. She is my little lady!






I was so nervous, I was probably not the best person to be holding her!

They marked her ears and I approved the mark, then ....


I had to hold my little budha down so they could stab her ears!! I REALLY felt bad at the time, like maybe I shouldn't have done this!!

Look at her tears! I felt horrible but as soon as I put her to nurse, she was good!




The final product. You cannot really appreciate them but she has butterfly earrings.

1 comment: