Last week, my mom came in town to help me out while I was going through orientation for a new position. This was her second week in MD spending time with her grands but this was the first time she had been left alone with both of them. She proclaimed over and over that she "GOT THIS" but admitted after day one that she was nervous because she had not taken care of a baby in over 30 years (mind you I am not 30 but she admits she pawned me off on my Godmother in those early years!) ;-) Amaya also met her Titi Shonda and Tio Aziz weekend before last. Titi Shonda purposely planned her trip the week before the Bendicion De La Casa because she said she didn't want to have to share Amaya with ANYONE. And she meant it! Shonda and Kareem are such good Aunt/Uncles/Godparents!! It was a great week. Not only did my children get to spend good QT with Nana, Titi Shonda and Tio Aziz (which doesn't happen as often as we'd like) but I had my mother by my side through a challenging week (we started cooking on Wed. for last Friday's Bendicion De La Casa!). It was a great week and I have some memorable photos and moments to share.
In her favorite spot, Amaya stayed in mother's arms the entire week!
Look at the look on Nana's face, she was in heaven!
Amaya was a little hungry so she started sniffing around....
And went in for the kill but Nana told her all she had was some "powdered milk!" (side joke, on Friday my FIL (Father in Law) said to my MIL, "I know what you got and you don't have anything for her either!" LMAO! I was a little ashamed! ;-)
Auntie Shonda was in LOVE! Let me tell you how blessed my daughter (and son) is, one of my sister's co-workers whom I have never met got my daughter an outfit just because! God is good, this little girl has been BEYOND blessed with gifts and love.







Shonda looks amazing!
ReplyDelete