MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

MJ & Amaya's Adventures!!

Monday, October 5, 2009

MJ's First Day at CCLC

Today MJ started at his new daycare, Children's Choice Learning Center. It is on the campus of the Social Security Administration about 5 minutes from the house. We were lucky to find a good daycare with a space (of course there is a LONG waiting list for a space for Amaya!). When we visited the school, MJ told my mother and I that he liked it and wanted to stay. All last week, I had been trying to prepare him for school, i.e., less tv, working on his manners and potty training. Yesterday, we laid out his clothes and put together his stuff. He said he was excited. This morning we woke up at 7ish and washed him up and got him dressed. When we arrived at the center, I had my camera out ready to take pics for the blog and guess what..NO CAMERAS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES!! Because its a Federal Building, there are no cameras allowed at all. When I tried to snap a quick cell phone pic, MJ told on me (seriously!!).

Anyway, he was pretty good this morning in the classroom until this little girl who was also starting today kept crying and holding on to her mother. When MJ saw that he was like, "hey maybe she knows something I don't" and he started holding on to my leg talking about, "No mommy don't go. I go with you!" After a few minutes, the teacher came over and had him interacting with the other kids. I said my goodbye, held back my tears and walked out. At lunch, I called fully preparing to go get him (seriously I had Amaya dressed and in her car seat ready to go) but of course, by that point MJ was playing and having a great time. He even ate his lunch, something I usually cannot get him to do. When I picked him up today, he said he had fun and turned to his teacher and said, "Bye Bye, See you tomorrow!" Oh he's such a big boy!
Someone was a little tired this morning!! He has been used to waking up at 9:45 and 10 but not this morning, 7:30 bright and early!


He looks kinda skeptical, huh? He says to me, "Mommy this is not Mrs. Candy's house! That's his old daycare"




No comments:

Post a Comment